As a contractor, you are always busy on job sites, but you may also have to deal with the administrative side of things as well.
When you have automated systems in place, software that makes your work easier and processes in place that help you to be efficient that is great!
Another thing we don’t always think about is keeping our files up to date.
Have you ever needed a document and wasted a ton of time trying to figure out where you filed it, or what you named it? If your computer files were up to date, you would be able to click a few times and have what you need right away.
This not only saves you time but also frustration.
Some of the things you want to consider cleaning up monthly would be:
- Removing old files and clutter
- Save to the cloud, not the hard drive. If you have it on the hard drive, take time to move it to a cloud-based service and delete it from the hard drive.
- Clean off any old programs you have on your computer as well. Make sure you have any updates or latest versions for programs and your operating system.
- Organize your files and folders and make sure you know what is in them and they make sense to you.
- Review your emails and delete any that are no longer needed
If you are currently doing everything on your own, you may want to consider hiring an administrative person to help you or even a virtual assistant to help you for a few hours each week. This will free up your time and energy so you can focus on bringing in new business and ensuring your current projects are running smoothly.
If you need any support around your insurance policy, please reach out to us here at Contractors Insurance Agency. We are happy to help.